Truths about me
Learn more about my qualifications and experience as well as some of my professional and personal achievements.
Some professional truths include:
- First professionally trained QSCA Coach to be certified out of 300+ coaches globally;
- Global mentors have spent quality time with Richard Branson, Elon Musk and Nelson Mandela and work with companies such as Google;
- Member of the National Speakers Association of New Zealand;
- As a NZTE service provider, I provide services that are registered for New Zealand Trade & Enterprise capability development voucher;
- Examiner on 4 boards with the German Chamber of Commerce;
- DiSC Profiling Trainer having worked with DiSC across New Zealand, Australia and Germany;
- Gained solid recruitment and headhunting expertise in New Zealand, Australia and Germany;
- Completed a Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management) from the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand;
- Won numerous Australasian sales and team performance awards as a sales consultant whilst at University.
Professional experience and achievements
Having gained significant business experience in New Zealand and Germany, I have learned how to act in spite of fear enabling me to show courage, and adapt in a constantly changing world. Today I understand that my experience of growth has enabled me to look forward to the future with anticipation rather than apprehension.
Coaching and Speaker truths:
- In total 10+ years coaching and empowering brilliant and purposeful decision makers from entrepreneurs, department managers to CEOs in New Zealand and Europe across various corporate and SME industries from Airlines/Aviation, Automotive, Construction/Engineering/Heavy Industry, Food production/ Food & Beverages, Logistics & Supply Chain, Financial Services/Banking, Management Consulting, Health, Wellness & Fitness, Human Resources/Executive Search, Real Estate/Commercial, International Trade & Development, Oil & Energy, Travel & Tourism;
- Member of National Speakers Association New Zealand;
- A multiple award winning client told me that I give her the feminine energy she now needs to grow her business globally after receiving masculine energy from Tony Robbins;
- 7 years experience coaching European and Asian leaders across a range of industries from the age of 24 with clients such as: Duesseldorf Airport (from training the ground crew, engineering interns to executive assistants and largely senior level management), Kienbaum executive consultants (partners), Heidrick & Struggles (senior consultants), Mercuri Sales International (senior consultants and partners), BP (German Director of Lubricants), and Mitsubishi Electric (CEO of Mitsubishi Electric Europe);
- Wrote and gave a speech for the Mayor of Cologne at the age of 26 in Germany;
- Within 18 months went from Head Trainer to Director at Berlitz, a leadership training and language education company in Germany at the age of 24.
- 3+ years working with Germany's leading recruitment and headhunting agencies to maximise their potential as experts;
- 8+ years recruiting technical roles from diesel mechanic to field asset engineer and general managers across the largely construction related industry;
- During the Global Financial Crisis I found myself the last one standing in a withering global recruitment team as I was the only one who initiated cold calling to successfully engage international clients;
- Established my own specialist recruitment (LMB Associates) agency bringing highly skilled technical professionals into New Zealand for 5 years.
You will face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle.
Shannon L Alder
Having gained significant life experience in New Zealand and abroad, I have lived life on the edge facing extraordinary challenges. In the process, I have learned how to turn pain into pleasure enabling me to start to look forward to whatever discomfort I was facing. Today I understand that lasting happiness and unwavering self-belief is your fuel to get you to your goal.
Some personal truths about me include:
- Trekked 21 days in the Himalayas crossing a 5,500m pass in a severe blizzard unsupported.
- Completed a 100km charity walk in Taupo in 34 hours with 5 weeks training.
- Smashed 3 back-to-back bikram yoga sessions (4.5 hours) on the last day of my personal 45 day challenge.
- During the GFC (Global Financial Crisis) I found myself the only one left in a withering recruitment team. Despite being asked to stay in Auckland as well as offered overseas opportunities, I decided to follow my heart and resign, buy a house and take a break to refocus.
- Completed a seamless and stress free 4-month major house renovation in Mission Bay, Auckland.
- Supported my mum through advanced cancer over the last 4 years and seen her go from strength to strength. She has had cancer for 20 years.
- Effortlessly released 5 kilos within 3 weeks feeling alive as my resting heart rate went from 70 to 55 and my energy levels soared to an all time high.
- Chopped down over 100 branches of the neighbour’s hedge with a handsaw from one day to the next having gone from months of painful RSI (Repetitive Stain Injury) to instant recovery.